Monday, January 23, 2006

Anyone seen my toothbrush??

I don't know what is wrong with me sometimes.. Last night, my youngest son, who had not napped all day, and really needed one..was whining about his batman toothbrush, and how he couldn't find it, and could I please help him.. so naturally I dragged my ass off the couch, and looked high and low for that friggin toothbrush, and of course could not find it anywhere.. So, much time passes, and he's still whining about the toothbrush.. and I mean, I've looked everywhere for this stupid thing, if I didn't know better I would have sworn that the house had swallowed it up.. Anyway, I'm basically at my wits end. When he gets something in his mind, he's relentless and doesn't give up easy, like many 2 year olds. But I've basically had it after over an hour of his whining, and my searching. He comes into the kitchen, where I'm starting to get dinner ready, and he sees me and asks me yet again, where his batman toothbrush is.. This is where my wonderful motherly instincts kicked in.. the part of me that is screaming "sure, have another 2 babies, you can handle it!" And this is what I said "I don't know where your toothbrush is, but when I find it, I'm going to shove it up your ASS!" To which he sniffles, and says "ok" and walks away, and leaves me to my business.. Do you think this should be added to my parenting do overs?? gee, I don't know.. he never mentioned the toothbrush again.. I can hear child and family services at my door.. gotta go..

No comments: