Friday, January 13, 2006

Know what sucks?

The first trimester of pregnancy with twins! Ok, it's not that bad, or it could be worse. I'm amongst the fortunate women who don't suffer from morning sickness, although I've been feeling a tad queasy lately if I do too much. But the exhaustion, and fatigue is nothing I've ever experienced. I know it's different when you're growing 2 babies, but jeez, I never imagined that one could get so tired, doing almost nothing. I can sleep for 10 hours (yea, right) and then wake up totally exhausted. It's all I can do to make my son's lunch in the morning.. and taking care of my niece has proven to be the only thing that keeps me off the couch. It's ok though, I know it's going to get better.. I look forward to the weekends when my husband is home, and I can lay on the couch in my p.j.'s all day!
Today I did more than I've done in two weeks. I went and ran some errands, took my niece to see her mother at work (and to show off her new walking abilities..I've never seen a baby so determined to just walk, it's amazing, and totally adorable!) I have another ultrasound today, and I'll meet with my o.b. after that. I'm sure that's why I'm not lounging on the couch right now.. I can't wait to get another view of the babies, and get to see that they're doing ok.. Anyway, my mother in law is coming over to watch the boys, so I have to do a bit more cleaning before she gets here... she raised 6 kids, and her house was spotless.. oh, the pressures on!

No comments: