Monday, January 02, 2006

It feels like time is moving in slow motion.. ever since last Tuesday anyway when we found out that we're having twins. I'm still somewhat in a state of shock.. my husband is too, I guess. He's been trying to find us a place to move to.. I told him that I would miss him, but I don't plan on moving.. we'll do just fine where we are. He just needs to realize that.. he will, eventually. My oldest son is beside himself with the news. We had told him that I was pregnant a couple days before we had the ultrasound, and he was thrilled with that news. During one of his baths, he started counting him, his brother and my belly, and said "I can't believe you're going to have 3 children!" He's not said anything about the fact that I'm now going to have 4.. he's just in shock like the rest of us!
It's amazing how consuming a pregnancy can be.. It always was with the boys.. thinking forward to meeting them, wondering how you were going to do it.. there's always some self doubt when you're going to have a baby.. But let me tell you, the thought of twins, yikes.. that's a scary one! I've thought about everything except how we're going to do it. I know we will, things are just going to be incredibly different! Everything we do nowadays is followed by "Well, we won't be able to do this when the babies are born" Like going out to breakfast with the boys, or getting a night out after they're born. My husband's convinced that no one is going to want to babysit.. Probably not, but there will be an occasion, I'm sure, that someone will offer it up, and we can find some time alone.. Both our folks are local.. they're going to jump at the chance.. well, maybe not jump.. but these aren't things that I'm worried about at this point.. I've been reading a lot about twins.. I'm not quite the wealth of knowledge on the subject that I thought I was. Being a twin, and having twins are apparently two totally different things! Hmm.. Anyway, I'm sure everything will work out just fine.. it usually does!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

You are going to do so great at being the mom of mulitples- more so than anyone I know. You have the calmness and confidence that it takes to handle such an undertaking... it will all work out!
And I don't think you'll have any trouble finding babysitters- I'll do it any time you want and mom... just try and keep her away!!

YouWho said...

Is it too late to have the builder turn that dormer into a third floor?