Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holy Shit!!!!!!

I've been sitting on some news for a few weeks now..dying to blog about it, but keeping it quiet.. until now!! My husband and I are going to be having another baby!! It was a surprise- one of our Friday fun nights kind of back fired.. and here we are.. But wait, there's more, this isn't why I'm calling this blog entry holy shit.. I'm calling it that because ever since yesterday, when I had my first official dr's appointment, that's all I've been able to say.. She did an ultrasound.. and lo and behold, there were two tiny little babies in there!! Say it with me folks HOLY SHIT!! I'm having twins! It's been surreal ever since then.. I got no sleep last night because I just kept waiting to wake up from this very bizarre dream I was having.. I'm not awake yet!! My husband had to sit down when he saw the two babies in my belly.. "I'm a teacher..I don't know how we're going to do this" Meanwhile, I'm laughing, and holy shit is just racing through my mind.. I thought 3 kids would be insane, but manageable..but 4?? And twins?? Jesus! I have no baby clothes, I got rid of all of them because we were done having babies.. no maternity clothes.. Ugh.. but amidst all the chaos of finding out that I'm going to puff up like a balloon, and have to push out 2 (not 1, but 2) babies, I'm really excited. I am afterall, a twin.. so I look forward to watching my own set of twins grow, and hope that they have the same special bond that I have with my own twin.. My husband is excited too, I keep seeing him with a glowing smile on his face.. and I totally agree with him when he said yesterday, that there had better be at least one girl in there!! We'll find out in the up coming months.. It's going to be a long ass winter/spring and summer.. I'm due in August, so I'm still early- I know I should probably wait til I'm a little further along to be blabbing about this, but I am just not one of those people that can keep my mouth shut.. so here's to a healthy pregnancy, a fabulous, pain free delivery, and at least one girl! :)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news.
Yea, tell Bob, he's gotta change the name of his blog.

Ezili said...

WOW! I'm so excited for you--I hope you have twin girls! Wouldn't THAT be fun? The boys will be happy -- one baby for each of them :)

Anonymous said...

SO you will be catching up to me!! I'm so excited for you I could cry.

Patience said...

Long time reader, first time commenter. Congratulations!

christhadasister said...

Needless to say I am so thrilled for you and for your babies!! I'm also excited that my little miss will have more cousins close to her age to play with...
and there better be at least one girl in there!!! :)

YouWho said...

No, you should change the name of the blog to 4 Kids, Little Neice, Big Nephew, Mom & Dad with featured player Oma.

Congratulations! So, as a twin, did you always sort of have in the back of your mind that this might happen?

Jessica's Creative Corner said...

lol...I am right there with ya but mine was a little more crazy and Holy Shit were not my exact word but Oh My Gosh and Whatever...I had just had my first son and he was 4 months old when we found out that we were pregnant with our twins and I was taking birth control "the pill" so they ywere 10 months apart and then when the twins turned 14 months I found out I was pregnant yet again with our fourth baby...so here we are 7 years married with 4 kids ages 5, 4,4 and 2. So I feel your pain, literally. Wasn't it a rush and then after the first year everyone kinda disappears and you are looking around for those people that were pushing their way in line to be the first to babysit...where are they now...what I would get for a second set of hands attached to my body it would make things easier, strange but easier, hehe.