Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We ended up taking my youngest son to the ER last week, and they glued his head back together.. It ended up being a bigger hole than we thought, and couldn't deny it any longer. Luckily, he was on his best behavior and sucked it up like the little man that he is.
As for the hole in my roof.. hmm... well, it only leaked moderately after last Friday's snow storm, and it only caused some minor damage to the ceiling in our upstairs hallway.. and one of our closets, which of course happened to be housing all the kids xmas gifts.. but nothing was damaged.. It's getting very cold outside, and not so warm inside.. Rain is due by the end of this week, and we still have no walls, or a roof in our new room.. it's freaking me out a little!
I must say that today was one of the longest days of my life.. my two nieces are both teething, both refusing to sleep, and both wanting to be held constantly. It would be fine if I came equipped with an extra set of arms (like Mr. Potato Head..wouldn't that be great??) Lets just say that I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor, trying to make room for everyone on my lap!
This is my last week without my nephew back living with us.. having to borrow our cars, messing up the house.. driving me generally insane... I can't seem to get in touch with him either, which is driving me insane as well. He won't return my calls, or my emails.. I just love how responsible he is!
I'm looking forward to the holidays.. and getting a wonderful gift or two from my husband.. :) I found a receipt from Dick's Sporting Goods (my favorite store- NOT) but I only saw one thing on it (I wasn't snooping, it was just sitting on the kitchen table, and I stopped reading it when I realized it wasn't mine..) but it would appear that he got me an air mattress.. I guess so he won't be uncomfortable during all those nights when I kick him out of bed.. haha, no, I'm sure it's for when we go camping.. I was bitching last summer about wanting one.. And I have no idea what else he could get me at Dicks..but I'll soon find out! I requested some new pj's and an electric blanket (with dual controls) I'm so tired of being cold! And he hates them.. something about cancer.. well, speaking of xmas, I got some last minute on line shopping to do..

4 comments:

YouWho said...

"Last minute"??? We're not even into the 20s yet!

Unknown said...

It's pretty much last minute when you're shopping on line! Considering shipping dates and all! I guess I'm freaking out a bit.. I guess the holidays will do that!!

Ezili said...

It's always something, isn't it? Sounds like you got a bunch of somethings all at the same time. Hang in there Sweetie!

Unknown said...

Bob-if he got me a poker table, then he's going to get plenty of use out of that air mattress! :)