Friday, December 23, 2005

My boys got an early Christmas present last night.. in the form of vomiting and diarrhea. Fun, Fun!! I had just gotten home from work last night, with a happy meal for each of them.. it was about 2 minutes later that my youngest son was standing next to me complaining about what I thought was him biting his tongue, when he just let loose.. It's been a long time since I've seen that much puke! And it went everywhere! It was coming out of his nose, and he was freaking out. It's one of those moments that you wish you could have reacted faster to, but time was not our side last night. The poor kid just wanted his mommy to hold him, and I'm thinking no way buddy, these are dry clean only pants.. but of course I pick him up, and try to catch the next wave of puke as it goes everywhere. My husband was oblivious to what was going on.. even though I was yelling to him in the next room that I needed help.. he finally did come to our rescue, and wiped up most of the vomit. I expected my son would want to just sit on my lap til bed time, but oh no.. not this kid! He was off like a rocket after that, like nothing had happened. Luckily he slept pretty good, and has seemed fine since then.
So, I guess I could stop at the puke story, but I did mention diarrhea..so I must continue. That was what my oldest son was plagued with last night.. all night. He kept waking up telling me that his belly hurt. My husband and I took turns taking him to the toilet, where he dumped more watery poop than I thought possible (I'm sorry to be so gross..but I wouldn't want to sugar coat it for ya, it was nasty!) There were only two times when he didn't quite make it, and we needed to change his underwear. His poor little bum is very sore today.. from all that poopin'. I even put diaper cream on him, so that it would give him some relief (which it did) But he was all worried that someone from school might see him, and know that he's wearing diaper cream for babies! I assured him that wouldn't happen.
Needless to say, I'm exhausted today.. My husband is out doing his Christmas shopping, and I've been cooking for our Xmas eve dinner here tomorrow night. I just called him though, and told him that I need a nap! He'll rush right home (I'm sure!)
Anyway, the boys appear to be fine now, as they are throwing toys at each other in the living room. I'm glad that this came last night, and not when they were waiting for Santa..

No comments: