Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My nephew has moved out. It was rather anti climatic, considering I've been looking forward to this day for months.. but I ended up feeling kind of bad for him, or rather bad for myself since I shouldn't have been so anxious to see him leave. Or at least that's what my inner mom is telling myself.. but hey, I'm not his mom, and quite frankly my husband and I have done all we can for him and it's time for him start doing for himself! Harsh, I know.. but I have my own huge family to worry about.
He's living in Durham, in an on campus apartment that is way too expensive. He does regret not holding out and finding something more suitable. It would make sense if he was going to UNH, but since he's working 25 minutes away in Exeter, and supposedly going to be taking classes in Stratham (another 20 minute commute) then it would have made sense to be a bit closer. I suppose it's a life lesson. He's learning, that's for sure.. I'm just hoping with all that he's learned that he'll apply it.. although I'll be surprised. I remember being his age.. and knowing everything!! Except for one important thing.... that I knew absolutely nothing!

No comments: