Monday, February 19, 2007

I got a call this morning from the nurse at my son's school. In the .2 seconds that it took her to introduce herself, I mentally got everyone ready to go pick him up, and I'm thinking that he wasn't sick when he left.. I hope he's ok, all that. But she's not calling because he's sick. She's calling to tell me that he had an eye and ear screening on Friday, and didn't pass the eye part of it. She thinks his vision might be around 20/60, but she wasn't sure if he was nervous, and wanted to re-screen him. She thought getting a family history might be helpful, and did my husband or I wear glasses. We don't, but my sister later reminded me that everyone else in our families do.
I didn't hear back from her today, but my son told me that he went back to see the nurse and did the eye exam again. He said it was hard.. especially when he stood far away.. So, we'll see what comes of this. All I'm thinking of is how cute he'd look in glasses! It seems like there's always something! I guess that's what you get with 4 kids..

No comments: