Thursday, February 08, 2007

We Suck..



I'm feeling like a total failure as a parent because I can not, for the life of me, let those babies cry it out.. ugh. It really sucks! I'm so tired, and cranky, and this winter weather is pissing me off..


I'm really trying to be positive about the situation, I know it won't last forever. But that's little consolation at 2 in the morning when I've just gotten one back to sleep (on the breast of course) and the other one wakes up right as I'm about to doze back to sleep.. I'm not blind to the fact either that I'm creating this. That if I had more of a backbone, and didn't feel so completely guilty when I hear them cry, that maybe we'd be on a better road.. But I suck at that, and so here I am.


February vacation is when things will change.. At least that's how I'm fighting it now. My husband will have a week off, and although he doesn't know this yet, he's going to be getting up with them. He has to. One of us has to be strong, and I'm thinking the one without the boobs should have to get them back to sleep.! Right?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

i feel your pain and i only have one and she's almost 1. we were doing great (sleeping from 7-7), until about a month ago, but now she wakes at least once sometimes 2 or 3 times. oh yeah, and my 'poor' husband, having to get up and get her sometimes. i would like to see him try and fall back to sleep with someone's mouth on his nipple. just once.

Unknown said...

Heidi, I would also love to see my husband do the same.. he thinks just because I'm laying down, that I must be sleeping! Sometimes I wish I could take off the boob, and just throw it in the crib with them! Or maybe have a clone of me hidden away somewhere for those long nights.. ahhh, thanks for your sympathetic comment!!