Thursday, February 08, 2007

I had my meeting with the special ed team at the school today. It went really well, and besides the fact that I don't think those people see much laughter at their job (I knocked em dead, had them rolling on the floor!) I don't think they move too fast either. My son will have all the testing required and I'll go back to meet with them at the end of March.. my dream of getting him into preschool might not happen til next fall.. But at least I'm on the right track, and hopefully he'll be getting the help he (and me) so desperately need.
I brought one of the twins with me, the one who always gets to come with me because apparently she can't bare to be away from me. She was amazing (if I do say so myself!) She just sat in her stroller and played with her bottle the entire hour! I also got to pick my oldest son up in his classroom. He was surprised, and quite excited to see me there. All of his classmates came running over to see the baby.. and every one of them tried touching her.. but I was pretty good keeping the little paws off of her, and no one cried when I yelled at them.. kidding..
Anyway, I'm tired.. but what the hell else is new? I'm getting tired of complaining about it, but I have to say I've never known fatigue like this before.. One of the people at the meeting today has a set of twins who are 10. We were talking briefly about sleep deprivation and she said you can really get used to it.. I haven't found that to be true yet. I'm one of those people that really need sleep, and functioning on less than 7 or 8 hours is difficult, if not impossible. I know it'll go by fast, and if it doesn't kill me, then it will only make me stronger! Or some kind of crap like that..

No comments: