Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yesterday was a snow day, so everyone was home. It allowed me to get a 30 minute nap with one of the babies, and do a bunch of laundry. Fun.
Today they had a 2 hour delay, and then I spent the remainder of my day doing more laundry and cooking dinner. Then I spent 20+ minutes at the kitchen table trying to get my youngest son to eat his dinner. Sometimes spoon feeding him is the only way to go, and he usually gets right into it, perhaps there's some regression going on there.. but whatever, it works. I gave him a bite (just a chicken and rice casserole) and he proceeded to scream, refused to chew it, and then spit it on my shoe. Why oh why am I constantly struggling with that child? That was the end of our somewhat quiet meal. His screams scared the girls who were just hanging out in their exersaucers by my chair. I had to pick them both up, and try to finish my dinner, and get the demon to stop crying. I was more pleased than usual to get to work tonight.. but tomorrow is another day, and I'm sure I'll muster up enough patience to deal with him, and hopefully he'll keep whatever he's eating inside his mouth and away from my feet!

No comments: