Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Off to school..almost

My computer at home has died.. so I'm no longer able to get on line at home.. which totally sucks! It's my only way of communicating with the outside world.. I guess I could call someone..but who the hell does that anymore?? And anyone that I would want to call works.. yada yada.. luckily I have some mom friends who take my calls and listen to my rantings.
Tomorrow my oldest son has orientation for kindergarten.. I woke up this morning with a stomach ache! How am I going to let him go in September?? He told me this morning that he didn't know if he wanted to go tomorrow, that he might miss me! God I love that child!!
He's going to be there for 2 hours tomorrow and the following day. The teachers and other staff members try to get a feel for the kids and try to figure out where to place them all. I'm sure he's going to have fun, he loves other kids.. but ugh.. it's making me sick just thinking about it! I'll put on a totally strong face though.. for him.. jeez, it's only orientation.. I gotta get a grip!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

I can't believe he's already going to school! He's going to do great! He's going to make tons of friends because he's such a kind and sweet boy! You'll be fine, too, though I know it's hard to imagine him being away from you. It will only make the time you have together that much more special! I know how corny that sounds, but it's really true. Everyday I can't wait to get home from work so I can spend time with my baby. Weekends take on a whole new meaning! Be strong- you've been preparing him for this his entire life!

Ezili said...

I'm sure he will do fine because he's such a great kid....you on the other hand, should realize he's going to be sooooo happy to come home to mommy. No one treats him the same way you do, so he'll appreciate you even more. He'll have all sorts of stories to tell you and I'm sure the two of you have a bunch of special rituals between you. And his brother will be ecstatic to see him walk in the door after a few hours without him. Won't that be nice? It'll be okay, just an adjustment. Hang in there!