Friday, June 03, 2005

Straight to hell.. I'm sure!

Am I going to burn in hell because I'm not sure there's a god? Or because the only reason I tell my son that dead people go to heaven is because it's easier than telling him I'm not sure what happens, but I have a feeling that's just it, and when you're dead you're dead? You just rot in the ground with the bugs?? I guess if I truly felt that way, I wouldn't be worried about hell.. but I am.. and I'm not sure if that's my religious upbringing.. I have been to every church possible.. except for the Jevohah's and the Mormon church. I was baptized twice, once as a born again, my least favorite of the churches..freaky, they totally submerged me in a lake, and their services were like 2 hours long! And then once when I was an infant in a catholic church. As a teenager we became Methodists, my mother was always looking for something she liked better, she just never seemed to feel comfortable anywhere.. I remember when I was 15, my mom took me to our church to meet with these people that spoke tongues (whatever the hell that means) But I did it too, but I was totally faking it. It was like music coming out of my mouth.. it was kind of cool.. But in the same respect, it was creepy.. all that lying in God's house.
The thing is, I find it much more believable that God was kind of a story.. maybe made up by some other mom who was confronted by her own children about the harsh reality of death. It's much easier, as I've discovered to just tell your kids that you go to this wonderful place.. yada yada than to tell them that when you die, that's it..
Oh, and I don't want any comments.. unless of course you agree with me. ;) I respect everyone's opinion, and their faith.. I'm more or less just getting this off my chest.. K?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some made up story for weak people, kind of like santa claus which makes it okay to tell a 3 yo when her gigi dies but when she finds out the truth about santa you're required to tell the truth about heaven too, at least according to mr i wish i was a theortical physicist.