Monday, June 20, 2005

Party girl..

Is there anything better than getting drunk (really drunk, but not puking drunk) at a family function?? I don't think so! That's what I did yesterday afternoon at a graduation party for 4 of my nieces and nephews. It was perfect, my husband had one beer.. and I had the rest! Hah! The reason family outings are so fun is because no matter how drunk you get, someone is always there to take care of your kids. Someone they know, and someone you trust (hopefully, unless you have one of those creepy families with a suspicious uncle or something) And I have no problem with letting someone else entertain them for a few hours. There were a ton of cousins that the boys were playing with, so I could have been totally sober and still not have had to do any parenting! I feel no guilt for kicking back a bit!
Whats even better is when you wake up the next morning feeling like you got the best night sleep ever! No hang over, nothing! I guess passing out will do that for you!!
Here's to still being a party girl! Even with 2 kids in tow, and doing it at your in-laws place! Hah, it's not quite the keggers I used to go to.. but I guess that's life in your 30's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mum I would love to take care of your kids if you want to party I am into lil kids