Thursday, June 23, 2005

I want to miss him..

My husbands last day of school was today. More time at home, more time with me, more time to annoy!!! No.. now, I shouldn't say that.. but it's pretty true. He usually works during the summer, landscaping. Unfortunately, the man he's worked for in the past, has no work for him this summer. This has left my husband in a bit of a lurch as to what he should do with his time. He told me a while ago that he would like to take the summer off and paint.. no, not paint the house or anything like that, but paint paintings. He's a very talented artist, and has created some of the most beautiful pieces of art that I've ever seen. Sometimes I take my friends out to our shed and show them off.. He refuses to hang any of them in the house.. what would that say about him??
I know that his art is important to him, and I wish he could just take off 10 weeks or so to paint. But we're not growing money in our yard, and I'm making minimum wage babysitting, so he can pretty much forget taking off all that time. He's got a couple side jobs lined up on his own, but that's only going to take up a week or two.
I do at times enjoy him being home 24-7, but most days it's just too much for us. We're the type of couple that works best when we're not glued at the hip. We both know that, and I'm pretty sure that's not the worst thing in the world. I believe a good healthy relationship involves some time apart.. let's say 8 hours a day or so.. it's worked for us! He went an entire winter without working once before we were married.. ugh! I could have killed him. He spent his time home using my video camera to make short movies using his old G.I. Joe dolls (oops, sorry, I mean his action figures..) and watching the weather channel. That was a long time ago though, and I know that his priorities have changed.. Anyone out there need a good landscaper?? Please..

No comments: