Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Mommy's little helper...

I have finally found what I was looking for to get the rest I need, and not be completely stressed out 95% of the time.. And it doesn't come out of a bottle, or in a pill. It's actually a 12 year old boy.. my nephew! He spent the last two days at my house, helping me out with all the kids! I must say, it was wonderful, and the stress level that I normally feel was dramatically decreased. The only problem is that he's going back to school in the fall, and already I'm dreading it, and wondering what I'm going to do!!
Most people wouldn't think of a 12 year old boy being very helpful. I know it must sound insane to even think of it. But he was amazing! If he wasn't playing with the kids, then he was cleaning.. no kidding, he cleaned my entire house, and even took out the trash, and this was all without me asking him! Folks, that's more than my husband does! Today I spent about 40 minutes on the phone! Now, people with kids know that that NEVER happens, not right in the middle of the day anyway. But he was taking care of everything!
I wish I could have given him a million bucks today, that was what it felt like he deserved. In fact when I asked him what he would like to be paid (since his mom and I had arranged this to be his first "job") he said that a dollar would be fine because he's had so much fun getting to hang out with his cousins! Is this kid for real or what?? So, I gave him 2.. just kidding. I gave him enough that he actually said it was too much.. (it was only $35 for 2 days.. hardly too much!) But he was so grateful, that after I paid him, he kept asking me if there was anything else that he could do for me! How cute is that??
He'll be back next Tuesday.. I miss him already!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yahoo- what a kid. what is he doing the other 5 days of the week????
and 40 minutes on the phone- don't recall mine ringing..hmnn