Thursday, August 04, 2005

The dentist visit...

My oldest son had his dentist appointment this morning. I am happy to report that the crap I took this morning due to some serious nerve issues was for nothing!! He did everything he was supposed to, didn't freak out at all, even when the hygenist was scraping tartar off his bottom teeth.. He just took it all in, and was a very big boy!
My husband didn't want to bring him to this appointment because he was embarassed. There was visable tartar on his teeth, and for the past week or so my son's been complaining of pain in his lower teeth. He thought for sure that he was going to be riddled with cavities, and I must say, so did I. As his parents we've tried hard to maintain good hygene, but it's not always that easy. More often than not, he gets one brushing a day rather than two.
The hygenist took two xrays, and I waited eagerly, or dreadfully I guess for the dentist to go over the results. They were fabulous! Not a single cavity in his head! The pain in his lower teeth is from his adult teeth starting to grow in! Needless to say I entered the dentist feeling like a total schmo, but left feeling like I had done the best job in the world! I raised a mellow, cooperative kid, with fabulous, healthy teeth!!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

glad to hear he hasn't inherited teeth from his relatives...
Thanks for the image of that beautiful girl taking a big old nervous dump! the poop-a-phobe will be loving you for that one- right ezili?

Ezili said...

OVERSHARING--that's what I call it!
I'm glad he had such a good check up though....which Star Wars toy did he get?