Monday, August 22, 2005

Cooked out!!

He grilled! Without much fuss. I on the other hand was no where to be found (as he's told me a million times already) But if you ask any of our guests, they will tell you that I was busy being the hostess, making sure everyone had a drink, or a smoke..or whatever their fancy was. I had a fabulous time at the cookout. I bought way too much food, but isn't that how it always is. It wasn't til the next morning that I realized I had forgotten to bring out my potato salad, the one I slaved over.. but that's ok, I had it for breakfast the next morning.. eggs and potatoes are surprisingly not bad with a hangover!
My mom was at the party too, she always comes in handy with the kids. One of my oldest and dearest friends from Vermont was there. We don't get to see him much, but it's always fabulous when we do. Another friend of mine that I don't get to see much was there too. She's crazy, and not so much in that "Awh, you're crazy girl" kind of way. I mean, I think she might actually be crazy.. She went to high school with all of us. And besides the fact that she has 3 boys, and an alcoholic husband, I don't think she's changed that much. She still talks with a terrible NH farm accent, something you only get when you live too far off the main road. Every time I see her I think of the time about 10 years ago when a bunch of my friends went up to Maine to see the band Phish. She was known for hooking up with any derelick she could find, and disappearing for the entire show. It's not like my friends didn't try looking for her before they left, they spent quite a bit of time doing just that. It probably wouldn't have stung so bad, if they weren't on their way out and one of my friends stuck his head out of the car and yelled "bye so and so" right as they were passing her. I'm not sure if she ever got over that!
As Contagious said in her post, it's nice to meet up with these people in your life that you've shared so much of yourself with. It's not often that we get to, with everyone's busy lives, and hectic schedules, but no matter what time has passed we always can pick up where ever we left off.. they really are a bunch of ding dongs, and I love everyone of them!!

No comments: