Monday, August 08, 2005

Blonde Moments

I decided I should keep track of all my blonde moments.. since they are sometimes humorous, and sometimes just kind of scary. We all have them, however, unfortunately some of us have them more often. It was over the weekend, when I was making some eggs for the boys breakfast. In the process, I was also making myself a cup of coffee. I also happened to be talking to my husband.. a true recipe for disaster, doing too much at once. It wasn't until I saw the look on my husbands face that I realized I had just dumped two packs of my "fake" sugar all over the eggs. Yum. Nothing like having a blonde moment that makes whatever I'm doing take twice as long.
Here's one more.. I was at Walmart recently doing some much needed shopping. I was in the electronics department getting the boys a new Star Wars movie. Any Walmart shopper knows that you have to pay for your purchases before you leave that department. Which I did, then continued my shopping. I went to the self checkout, because I'm a glutten for punishment, I can never get those things to work and always need help. It wasn't til I was at home that I realized my youngest son had taken the movie that we had already paid for, and put it on the conveyor belt. And then I scanned it, and payed for it twice! Duh.. Anyway, I did end up going back a week later and getting my money back.. the lady at the returns desk didn't seem too surprised when she saw me with all the kids in tow.. she said she could understand why I might be distracted! Ya think??

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Blonde moments are precious! Don't forget the one you had at my house on sat. regarding your inside out handbag! "Is it reversible?" "No, but you should see how cute it looks when you turn it inside out!"