Friday, August 19, 2005

I don't want to sound sexist (heavens no) But at cookouts, aren't men supposed to do the grilling?? My husband announced to me earlier this week that he wasn't going to do anything on the grill at our cookout that we're having tomorrow..Um, ok. So I asked him if he would rather do everything else. Cause that's what I do every time we do this. I do the cooking, the cleaning, the shopping, the planning. EVERYTHING! And I manage to take care of a household of kids at the same time. All I'm asking of him is to show up and cook the friggin food, and it's not like he's going to be stuck in a hot kitchen. He'll be outside with a cold beer in his hand, amongst a bunch of friends, flipping burgers. Big effing deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok,now my husband prefers the antisocial aspect of the grill.. may I volunteer him for this duty?

Unknown said...

It looks like he's up for the grill duty. I was making up some hanburger patties, and he asked me to make him some turkey ones.. ugh, but then I said, only if you do the grill. He acted like that was the way it's always been, and apparently forgot that he told me he wouldn't do it.. what's up with that??????

Ezili said...

Well, you know my theory....all men share only ONE brain. Apparently, it wasn't his day to have the brain!

christhadasister said...

I would have manned the grill to have avoided mistakingly eating one of those nasty turkey burgers!

christhadasister said...

Who is this man dyerick, anyway, you have to scroll alllll the way down to see my comment!
F-ing lumber jack!

Anonymous said...

maybe that's why he didn't want to grill- all those tits were way to real and there were certainly no asses worthy of bouncing quarters off of.