Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Intermittent Exotropia

This is what my girls have been diagnosed with by the pediatric opthamologist that I took them to see this morning. This is a good diagnosis, as it means they will not have to have any surgery, or wear any glasses. Basically, as they get older the problem will hopefully fix itself through easy eye exercises..

It's funny that both of the twins are afflicted with this, and both on opposite eyes.. They may be mirror twins like my sister and I! This is what they look like after a nap, or first thing in the morning.. However, this cute kid is not mine..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gabe has it too...it usually only happens when he is tired. He's seven and the doctor's haven't done anything about it, so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

ace danger said...

My son was just diagnosed with this eye condition. Have you been back to the ophthalmologist for a follow-up? Our first visit ended with the doctor telling us to just watch it for the next 4 months and then we(he)'ll decide what to do. My son is 3 1/2 years old right now and we have a baby on the way (due in...4 months). I'd be very interested to know what your doc told you regarding this condition.

My wife is from Weare, NH.