Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Play Date Update..

My poor son only lasted an hour at his 2 hour play date. I got a call from his friends mom saying that he was crying, and wanted to come home. She thought maybe he was a bit overwhelmed by it all.. When I asked him what was wrong on the way home, he said he just missed me. I'm pretty sure that's a load of crap.. I mean, I know he missed me, sure, who wouldn't ;) but I think the mom was right.. I think he was just uncomfortable being somewhere he had never been before without me, and it became too much for him. He was so excited about going too, so maybe all the expectations he had just weren't met. Oh well, we'll try again. I've decided that since he's 5, he can invite someone over here. Despite the fact that I was trying to hold off him having anyone over til he was at least 7.. oh well. What's one more kid in my house??

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Sorry his play date didn't go as he expected... he's just got to get his feet wet by having a friend of his own over...then toss him right into the water!