Sunday, June 08, 2008

How we survived our first camping trip..

So this weekend went better than I think anyone of us could expect.. with the exception of my youngest son who has found his goal in life will be to torture my husband and I with his incessant whining, until we die. Other than that, it went great.

The campground was ok. I'm not sure if we'd go back to this particular place.. the sites were a little small, and so many of the people there, actually lived there.. So it had kind of a creepy, sorry that this your home kind of feel, but whatever, it was fun for what it was worth.

Here are a few pics from our little excursion.. the girls loved it btw, thankfully they slept great last night.. Here are the kids enjoying a little camp snack.. This is the site (duh) It was covered in gravel too, not the barefoot sort of campground.. Our girls wouldn't feel at home unless they got naked.. notice they are still in their shoes.. that would be the rock covered camp site keeping those on. The girls in their new double stroller (I got it from a mom at my son's preschool-for free!) Let me point out that this was one of the only times my husband actually pushed it.. and it was only so I could get this crappy pic. You didn't think he would actually stop walking so I could get the shot do you? And the girls getting their feet wet (with their shoes on of course!)

After this weekend, I'm looking forward to our girls only camping trip in honor of ctales wedding.. her bacherolette party weekend, more than ever!

5 comments:

McPolack said...

Were you camping at Peetuckedaway? I went there once with a friend. It was pretty nice. Except for the pee.

FYI, ctale might deny it but I know she'd like nothing more than to have a big hairy stripper wave his giant testicles in her face on her bachelor party camping trip. He could show up as a "park ranger."

YouWho said...

I don't think that's what ctale meant by "It would be kind of exciting if a BEAR showed up."

Unknown said...

I love the park ranger idea! And I'm sure there will be one or two more than willing campers up there who we could talk into waving his big nuts in ctales face!! And no, it wasn't pawsuckaway, I had heard about the pee too, it was Barrington shores... sounds like a retirement home huh? Guess it kind of was!

Anonymous said...

no no no no no no no no! the last stripper I saw had razor burn and a pimply ass (sorry blogless). no thank you!

Anonymous said...

ctale- I think you need to clarify that I was not in fact the last stripper with pimply ass and razor burn.. .just so we're clear.