Monday, June 02, 2008

Why some mothers eat their young..

My youngest son got a blister yesterday on the inside of his foot.. from his Walmart crocs.. I couldn't have imagined the hell this blister was going to put me through for the remainder of the day, because if I could have foreseen how I would spend my Sunday, then surely I would have put a gun into my mouth and ended it all.

This is no exaggeration either. I have never seen him quite like this, and I've seen him in pretty bad shape before.. like when he couldn't have another pop tart, or when his brother accidentally took one of his transformer toys. But this was different. This came after a sleepover we had here with my sister and blogless. A sleepover in which there were 9 children (to 3 adults) and a night that kept him up until after 11, and awake before 7. Not a good combination for this little guy.

I made him take a nap, which only made his mood, and his blister worse. We all went for ice cream last night, and he refused to get out of the car because he didn't want to walk. It was a long ass day!

When he woke up this morning he cried that he didn't want to go to school, or to speech. Yea right. Like I was going to let him stay home because of a BLISTER! And I can't tell you how many times I said "It's just a blister! A Blister, we all get them, and no one has ever died from it! UGH" He wouldn't walk people! Finally though, an amazingly bright light went on, and I put a sock on. Yes, a sock, and he couldn't believe how much better it felt. He couldn't get over how it felt just like the other foot. A sock. jesus.

No comments: