Thursday, June 19, 2008

Phew..

3 weeks ago, I emailed my boss asking her if she needed extra help during the summer, as my husband would be home to help out with the kids. Well, after 3 more emails, she finally has given me hours. Yee ha.. I was sweating, really I was.. my husband is a teacher, and the summer means no paycheck. And while we have a bit in savings, it just wouldn't have been enough.. Every January, I start to bug my husband about what he's going to do for the summer.. because he always says he's going to get something. But of course he never does, and so it ends up being me.. Which is fine, seriously, I have no issue getting out of my house for an extra 30 hours or so a week.. and he's going to be helping out with my sister's kids as well.. that's going to make for some pretty juicy blog material. Anyway, I can finally breathe a huge sigh of relief.. it feels good.

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

It will be great having you here! And interesting to see how your husband will fare with 7 kids! Holy crap- he's going to wish he'd looked for that lawn mowing job!

Ballard Greener said...

Here is a list of temp two month employment jobs I would rather do for ten bucks an hour rather than watch seven kids..Well lets see....a bar back, bus boy, anything in a restaurant, a landscaper, work a fishing boat, a contracter helper of any kind, a golf course attendant, a summer rec department assistant, a summer scholastic program assistant of any kind, private tudoring placement program, parking lot attendant, valet, doorman.....Was it really necessary to sweat it out?....good luck fern....A-girl bites and your not allowed to bite back.....