Sunday, October 11, 2009

Corn Maze '09

I had to work this Saturday. I gotta say, I hate it. It's stupid, and I can't agree with what I'm doing there.. People come with their lab slips, see me, where I enter them into the computer, and then they wait..again. I'm working in the lab part of the hospital, and I'm registering patients. I got there 10 minutes before my shift, to log onto my computer and get myself all set, but unfortunately, I couldn't remember the passcode for the employee entrance and had to file in with the rest of the schmoo's waiting to have their blood drawn. Which only made their wait a minute or two longer than had I gotten my shit together before they arrived.
Anyway, after my long stupid ass shift, of four hours, I came home to a very untidy house, and wanted to just go back to bed, and forget that this day had even started. Despite the phone call I had made on my one free second three hours into my stupid ass shift, asking if anything was needed at home before I got there.. Just milk.. not diapers, and milk, just milk. (I won't discuss too much about coming home to find the girls in pull ups because, yes in fact, we could have used some diapers..) so anyhoo, I had told my husband that I wanted to do something. I didn't just want to sit at home on our Saturday, and do nothing. Little did I know, that when I got home, I was going to have a huge back ache. One that I hadn't had since I was in my 20's, and in far better shape. A couple of tylenol later, I was feeling 100 times better and we set out, for some good old fashioned fun.
We went to a neighboring town, to a corn maze.. A huge maze, made of corn, in the shape of a skunk. This will be the 3rd year, we have gone, and the toughest one yet. I don't know if my husband's sense of direction was just not as polished as it usually is, but it took us longer than normal to get through, and we back tracked more than we ever did.. It was fun though, and despite a melt down from our 9 year old because we didn't buy him a 9 dollar stuffed skunk and only got him a pumpkin (which we carved today) everyone enjoyed the craze of the maze.. We finished off with a yummy Mexican meal, and a great visit with the in laws.. Life is good.. even if it starts with a crappy day of work.. at least it ended with fun family shin digs! Here's a pic or two..


1 comment:

Beth P. said...

I'm sorry your day started off rough, but love how the rest of it went! Family time can certainly change things around, its really the best. I'm glad you had a good day after all!!