Thursday, February 09, 2006

I have to whine for a minute..

My husband has been offered to do some extra work at his school. I'm all up for extra money, but it also means extra time there.. and having to get a sitter 2 nights a week, so that I can be at my job by 5:30.. I suggested asking our neighbor.. she had mentioned wanting to do it during the fall when he was coaching.. but we didn't want to upset our parents, so we just juggled it between my MIL and my own mother.
It wouldn't be so bad, if my mom didn't get out of work at 2, and instead of going all the way home (about 15 minutes away..) she would just come over.. and hang for 3 hours.. It's a bit more than I can take.. Anyway, my MIL came over tonight, but she mentioned that her head felt like it was crawling.. um, ok.. Kind of wish I had gone over 911 a bit more closely with my 5 year old... but whatever, I'm sure she's fine!
My mom is coming over tomorrow so that my husband and I can go to the dr's. He is in fact coming with me. He hasn't missed an appt so far! He was there for all of my ob appt's with my first son, but none with the second.. I guess he's still waiting for someone to say "Hah! Twins? Just kidding! Good one huh?" I don't think that's going to happen.. Especially since I've been feeling both of them at different times. One of them is over to my left side, and must have it's little feet pressed against my side, and the other one is right under my belly button. I still can't imagine what it's going to feel like when they each weigh about 5 lbs..or 6! Jeez.. Oh, here's an interesting bit of conversation that my doctor promised we would have at my next appointment.. Birth Control! That will be interesting indeed! Considering our "pull and pray" method has failed us, I know she's thinking that one of us needs to be fixed.. Who do you think is getting that one done?? I can tell you for sure, it won't be me! I'm thinking that since I gave up my somewhat cute figure to house all these babies for all these years.. and that as supportive as he's been in the delivery room, it's still me, NOT him, having to push out these babies, and quite frankly, you lose any modesty you may have once had..and I don't see any stretch marks on him.. I therefore think that he can deal with a couple days of discomfort.. for the months and months of what I've endured.. am I right or what????

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

You are totally right. No offense to your husband, but he's had it pretty easy. When all is said and done, you'll have spent 2 and 1/2 years of your life pregnant!! That's a long ass time to be either nauseous or tired or feeling so stretched out and uncomfortable that you can't see straight. It is definitely time for him to get up on that table, put his legs in the stir ups and feel that cold feeling of a dr's medical instruments... oh yeah, and a bit of pain wouldn't hurt either! ;)

Ezili said...

It's the most practical thing to do. A couple of snips for the hubby and it's taken care of. It's more than that for you and you've already taken on the largest burden bearing his children. There is NO comparison. He needs to step up to the plate (or the table) on this one.