Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My husband wants to move again.. so we're looking. There's a house just down the road that we're looking at on Saturday.. I'm a bit leary of moving practically across the street.. I don't want to be driving by my old house everyday, disagreeing with what the new tenants have done with the place.. but whatever. I think we could manage fine here.. I'm assuming he just needs to get this out of his system, and in a few weeks he'll be content where we are.
Last week I went to meet some of the other mom's from my son's class for drinks.. obviously I was only sipping ginger ale, minus the whiskey. It was actually a lot of fun. They were all very nice, and not the snotty types that I worried they would be. Actually, most of them are struggling just like the rest of us. The woman who organized it, the class parent, was pretty much a stitch. She lives in a huge house, with her two children and her husband, who she ripped apart every chance she got. One of the first things she asked me, was how old I was. I could care less about my age, at least at this point in my life.. but I think when she went around the entire table asking everyone their age, some of the older women, may have been a bit put out. But whatever.. the drinks were coming, and most of them won't remember anyone's age (except me, the only one not drinking!) It's been suggested that we do this once a month.. can't see that happening..but I'd go again.. At least I won't feel left out at the class parties, or sporting things..
So, I see my dr on Friday.. and we'll get to hear the heartbeats.. I thought my last appt. would be the last one my husband would go to (they had us wait quite a bit) But he wants to go to this one too. I swear I felt one of the babies move twice yesterday.. I know it's early, I was 21 weeks with my first, and 15 weeks with my second.. I'm just thinking that because there are 2 of them, that I'm going to be feeling it a lot earlier.. Oh, and I'm officially in my second trimester!! Yee friggin ha! The first is always the worst for me.. although we'll see how I feel this summer when I once again can't tie my own shoes, and when I have 2 babies waking me up in the middle of the night with their kicks and punches..
Well, my mother is due over soon..so I better put on a happy face, and practice being polite.. ugh, it's so hard!!

No comments: