Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The sweetest thing..

I used to love Valentines Day.. I thought it was sooo romantic.. Before my husband and I were married, I used to do all sorts of sweet things.. I remember once over 10 years ago, I bought him 7 cards, and everyday a week before the holiday, I would hide one somewhere I knew he would find it.. I thought it was very sweet.. I guess he thought it was asinine, because when the actual holiday came, he didn't even spring for a card! That was a big disappointing fight let me tell you! But as the years went on, and it became obvious that my husband really wasn't going to get into the holiday, then I too lost any spark for it.. But this is the first year that my son has made me a homemade Valentine, and I must say, it totally makes up for all the lame years spent pissed off at my husband for doing nothing!
It's the absolute cutest card.. it's on heart shaped paper, and it's written in pencil. Here's how it's written
Dear
From W
Mom
I Love
You
And then he drew two pictures on the back, one of me when I was a kid, and then some other random stick figure. It made my heart melt.. cause I know how much he means it, and how excited he was to give it to me. He asked me to bring it to work so that I could look at it when I'm here.. awh.. So, it's taped up on the desk that I share with my sister.. for both of us to enjoy!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

Awwwww, that's the sweetest! I think the valentines you get from your kids are way more precious and apt to be saved than the ones your man gives you. I saw it too...what a good job!