Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Going To Be A Long Ass Day..

I'm having a meeting today with my son's teacher, and the special ed. department at his school. I'm so confused, and quite frankly, annoyed. Way back in November we were told that my son may need some testing, for a possible learning disability. Then we spoke with his teacher, and no further testing would be required.. Then we get a note requesting another meeting, and his teacher thinks that he may have some processing issues. Ugh..I think she has a few issues of her own at this point. We were pretty floored.. I don't know what happened between the time that she thought he was fine, to now, when she thinks he has "issues". But whatever, we're going ahead with what they recommend because we would hate to be wrong and find a problem down the road. However, I don't think there is a problem (and I'm not just saying this because I'm his mother) I'm sure they're going to find that he's just a normal 5 year old who is learning perfectly well. I'm even more annoyed at the fact that it's March, and how much time are they going to have to determine if there's a problem or not?? It's so frustrating. His teacher has already discussed with us the possibility of him staying back. She says it's a "free year" a "gift" I'm not sure I see it that way. No matter what, he's always going to know that he stayed back. Sure he wouldn't care at this point, not like he would if he were older.. but I just don't know if that's going to be necessary. It's absolutely ridiculous what they expect these kids to know in kindergarten!
Ok, but on another note.. I have another ultrasound today.. I'm 16 weeks.. and there's a chance we might find out what I'm carrying.. I've been waiting for this day since I first found out that I was pregnant. I'm going to be happy with whatever we find out.. (unless it's nothing- if they're not cooperating) I'd be ok with 4 boys.. 4 boys who love their mom to death, who could never find anyone to live up to what I've been to them all their lives.. sounds healthy huh? I could handle two girls too!! Or a nice mix.. 1 of each!! Anyway, I'll be posting later I'm sure.. :)

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I think you're having 2 girls (so does Lnotes, by the way- and she's never wrong)
I can't wait to find out- I will be calling the second I get home!
Don't worry about your other meeting today with the 50 year old, frosted hair, high heel wearing, never been a mother before teacher- I know it's frustrating, but they're just going through the paces, no matter how slow or annoying that pace may be. Think of it as being overly cautious, rather than completely oblivious!