Friday, March 31, 2006

Sleeping Moron..

I felt like such a chump today.. How would you feel, if you went to pick up your child at the babysitters, and there is the woman which you pay, entrust and count on, asleep on the couch! That's what happened to me today.. and yes, I was the loser asleep on the couch..
Let me back up a bit though, it sounds really awful if I just leave it like that.. My niece was upstairs napping (we were both pretty beat!) I of course had the monitor on, and my boys were playing right next to me. I must have dozed for 5 minutes, when I wake up realizing that something had happened.. that someone was in my house. My brother in law is in my living room, looking for his daughter! I felt like such an ass! He went upstairs to get her, and I realized that he was an hour early.. I wasn't expecting him til later, and I definitely would have made sure the pillow marks were gone! I'm hoping that he's sympathetic to the fact that I'm carrying twins, and that staying awake for 12 straight hours, just hasn't been possible. Oh, and in my defense, I've NEVER fallen asleep when she's awake.. I'm not that horrible!! I'm so glad that today is Friday, and that if I fall asleep tomorrow on the couch, no one but my husband is going to witness it!

No comments: