Monday, March 06, 2006

A little cooperation would be nice..

I had my ultrasound.. one baby (we'll call it baby A) did not want to cooperate and show us it's goods.. so we're at a bit of a loss on that one.. But baby B was all spread eagle, and although it's rather early to know for certain, my doctor thought she saw a hamburger.. And what would a hamburger be?? Well, girl parts no duh!! So, yeah,!!! It looks like at least one of them is a girl.. Now this could all change, say if out of this hamburger dropped a hot dog.. But I'll know more about that when I have my level 2 ultrasound in 2 weeks. Right now, I'm just feeling all girly.. and trying to imagine what life with a baby girl in the house will mean.. My husband was grinning ear to ear.. He's wanted a girl forever, so this might be an answer to his dreams!!
On another note, the meeting at my son's school went really well. We met with a team of therapists and went over what has been going on with my son. It basically came down to testing him in his speech and auditory skills. He's had hearing tests which he's passed just fine, and the speech issue is something we've known about, and honestly aren't that concerned about, he's made some great strides in that area. I don't think they're going to find any sort of learning disability, and in fact, his teacher was saying that lately he's been coming out of his shell and being more involved in the classroom. I think a lot of what has been going on with him is that he's a quiet, shy boy who needs time to feel comfortable in a new environment. He's the type of kid who likes to watch everything around him and soak it in. I think he's now feeling like he can participate.. so what if it took him a little while.. I'm convinced that he's going to be deemed a genius.. and may just skip first and second grade and go right to 3rd!!!

2 comments:

McPolack said...

I agree with contagious on both counts. I'd even prefer a coffee bean to a hamburger. Congrats!

christhadasister said...

You for sure have 2 hamburger buns in the oven, but I can't wait to find out for sure! Only 2 more weeks!!