Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bugs...Here again..

My family and I were out in the back yard briefly last night. My oldest son was practicing baseball with his dad, and my youngest was hanging out by the sandbox. It was so beautiful out.. the trees are starting to bud, and the grass is getting greener. Spring is my favorite time of year, it's so nice to be able to go outside, without a coat, and just breath in the fresh air.
Unfortunately, along with the nice weather come bugs.. I thought it was too early for anything alive to be flying around in the air, but you soon learn when you have a child as afraid of bugs as my 5 year old, that they're here already. I guess we had been out for a half hour or so before he spotted one.. but that ended our fun outside. Even though I tried spraying the bug spray, and promising him that they wouldn't dare come near him, that was it. He was already freaked, and we had to go inside. The worse part is, he's totally freaking out his little brother. My youngest son who would on most days probably take his light saber to one in full attack mode, sees his big brother and idol having a panic attack, and he follows suite. My oldest is almost 6.. I'm hoping that the upcoming months prove to be a growing experience for him... that he'll be able to get over his fear, and just have some fun!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

The upcoming months are only going to bring more bugs, which totally sucks.
I think that little miss will love the bugs- I suspect I'll be digging many bugs from her mouth this summer.
So, I don't know which is worse, them running screaming from the bugs or running screaming (in delight) towards the bugs!