Monday, April 24, 2006

And on the 5th day..God created a monster..

I have been my youngest son's nurse for the past 5 days.. and I'm so tired of it! It's one of those scenarios you would see on a sitcom, where the sick person gets a bell, and of course they over do ringing it for the most inane thing..yada yada. Well, this is the same scenario, except that my son has no bell, just an extremely loud scream.. usually indicating he needs a sip of water, or has peed and needs his diaper changed.. The poor little kid is struggling to get better, he hasn't had a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in 2 days, but his body is wiped out. Last night was the first time since last Wednesday that he ate anything, and the first time that he ventured off of the couch. His little legs were so wobbly, that he couldn't even walk over to his toys, he had to crawl. Then 2 minutes later, he cried for me to come get him. This has been the sickest he's ever been..
I'm so tired.. but I don't think the rest of us are going to get it. At least that's what I'm praying for. My husbands been pretty vigilant spraying the lysol everywhere the boys been. I think we would have gotten it by now if we were going to get it..
Anyway, this post recaps my weekend. I didn't see the outside until last night when I ventured out to the store for a pregnancy craving.. hot fudge sundae.. yum! My husband has recently read or heard or seen.. that what you eat when you're pregnant influences what your kids are going to like when they are out of the womb. Hmm.. too bad he's not carrying them, cause there's no way that I'm giving up red meat, chocolate, and every other wonderful disgustingly bad food for you. I definitely try to balance out my diet, I eat fruit, and veggies. In fact, my entire first trimester I craved only salads.. now I'm just craving some shit that I shouldn't be eating, and won't be eating when they're here and I'm nursing them. But for now, ice cream and hot fudge sound pretty damn good to me!

No comments: