Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm awake.. I wasn't sleeping!!

Have you ever been so tired, that your eyes hurt? That's how I've been waking up everyday this week. Despite getting an average 8 hours a night, I've been waking up exhausted. I promise that I'm going to stop complaining about this, but wtf? I know, I know, I'm pregnant with twins, but jeez.. when the hell do I get a break? Never, I suppose. Today was just like the rest of the week, except that instead of trying to get anything done, I gave up and layed down on the couch. My youngest son loves to climb up there with me and cuddle, he'll jump down every so often and grab a toy, or just run off a little bit of his boredom, but he's been great. Very much what I need him to be right now.
I guess it was about 10:30 this morning, that he came over and woke me up. I didn't know what he wanted til a second later when I heard the second knock on the door. I knew it was the plumber that we had coming over, but it's never fun to answer the door when your pony tail is barely in, and the indentation of the pillow is still on your face. Luckily the plumber was only there briefly, and I could resume my position on the couch.. Course my son was getting hungry, so after making him some lunch, and got myself some leftovers, it was back to the couch. It must have been a couple hours later, when I hear my son (who is laying next to me) giggle. I open my eyes, and there's my mother. Ugh.. We spent the entire day yesterday together, watching my niece. Why she felt like she had to stop in again is beyond me. "Gee, I wish I knew when you were sleeping" How about we just assume that I'm always going to be sleeping.. or how about you call first???? Whatever.. she came bearing gifts (a coffee cake muffin) so I let her off the hook. Hah! Like I'd say anything anyway..
I just seem to be getting busted so often while I'm asleep on the couch.. I can't help it though! I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore. I'm so convinced that caring for twins is going to be so much easier than growing them! We'll see.. ok, I've done my complaining.. ahhh, I feel so much more tired than I did when I started.. ;) I'll be leaving work soon, a place I usually love coming to, but if I thought I could get away with it, I'd lay my head down right here on my desk. I'd just be afraid of being woken up by the 7am shift coming in tomorrow!

No comments: