Monday, April 03, 2006

IKEA...

Well, I finally did it! After waiting about 5 years or so to go, I finally made the trip to the rather new IKEA in Stoughton. I wasn't sure what to expect, since my mom and my sister had been and found it rather overwhelming, and came home with very little. I went with the renound shopaholic Blogless in her dad's loser cruiser, and we were set to go.
We had breakfast when we first got there.. it was decent for .$99- scrambled eggs, bacon and homefries.. yumm.. Then we hit the store. Holy shit, it's huge! But I wasn't at all overwhelmed (at first) just thrilled.. I felt as though I had found the store that I was always looking for! We hit the kids IKEA first, where I got new plates and cups, and each of the boys a hamper. I also got them an easel (which I've wanted for about 3 years). Then we just cruised all over the place, and loaded up our carts. I was only there for a book shelf for my youngest son's room, and some new glasses.. I ended up leaving with a bit more than that.. Blogless had what seemed to be about as much as me, but she spent more than double what I did.. Her husbands going to be thrilled when he gets that credit card bill ;) My husband called me when we were having an early dinner, to find out if I was ever coming home.. I don't know what I was thinking, going out for 8 hours in one day.. It's not like he does that every Mon-Fri!! Course he was even more pissed when I showed up with the bookshelf, and 4 new kitchen chairs, frames, a new lamp, new canisters..and so on. But here's the thing, I didn't spend an extravagant amount of money, and I never do this.. I never go out and go shopping with a friend.. I never get a break from being a mom, and I never get to just indulge a bit.. I know, we've got twins coming.. but don't don't worry, I got something for them too!! ;)

3 comments:

christhadasister said...

Well, as long as you remembered to get the girls something! He must have been happy about that!

Unknown said...

lnotes- we WERE there on Sunday! Gee, I can't believe we didn't run into you! ;) You're right though, if I had gotten that stuff elsewhere I would have spent triple! I can't wait to go back!

Anonymous said...

It was not bargain for me.. but thanks to my bulemic shopping practices I'll save a little money on my returns!
lnotes- how did we not see you, and what are the chances..
and can i just say that i would drive 2 hours for the cinnamon bun alone!!!