Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fishing..

What could be more bonding than a father and his sons fishing? Not too much I suppose. But what can ruin the entire time? An over protective mother who is freaking out any time the hook comes near her babies. It was ridiculous. I should have stayed home. My 5 year old loved it, and my youngest only wanted to cast his off and see the little bobbin float in the water. It took me a while, but I realized I would relax a lot more if I at least took the hook off of his pole. He is after all only 2 (3 weeks shy of 3, but still!!) Duh. Anyway, no one caught anything, although I think if I had had more patience with the whole thing, then maybe we could have stayed longer. However, my youngest was whining to go home. The only good thing about it was getting to watch the ranger stock the pond. The boys loved that.
Anyway, my idea of a family day (which was the purpose of this little fishing trip) was to at least get some lunch. I may not be much into fishing, but I certainly love to eat! Especially now when my belly is happily getting huge, and sucking it in is no longer an option! So we decided to go to Friendly's. We had sworn off that place a while ago because the service usually sucks, and the place is usually filthy. But we had gone not to long ago, and it was actually enjoyable, and we didn't have to wait an eternity for our food. Well, I guess we should have stuck with our gut instinct. After getting our table, my husband took my oldest to the bathroom to wash his hands. The first thing he doesn't see, but can smell as he walks into the bathroom, is vomit. Someone had puked all over the floor, and neglected to clean it, or tell the management. My husband stepped right into it. This set him off. I can see where it would, but he wanted to leave. I'm not the type of person that can order drinks, get the kids coats off, start coloring, then just leave. He had lost his appetite.. but he reluctantly stayed, and we ate. Of course the food was just ok, but it's Friendlys for christ sake!!
Anyway, I'm now at work, wishing my bed was over in the corner so that I could curl up into it and sleep for 16 weeks or so.. since that's not happening, I get to go home, put the boys to bed, and hang out by myself and watch American Idol.. I hope they get rid of that Pickler girl..she may be a dumb hick from the south but even that's getting old! My husband is going out with a friend that is visiting from Colorado.. I won't mind the peace, quiet and control of the remote!!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

How bout fishing with bobbers exclusively?? They are little enough that just casting and reeling and watching the bobber bob is probably all they want or need to bond with dad, and less dangerous too!