Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The baby shower, and recent hospitilization

This past weekend, my sister and friends threw me a surprise baby shower. It was very nice, and I have to say that I have the most thoughtful people around me! I got a ton of great gifts, all sorts of cute girly clothes, tons and tons of diapers and wipes, quilts, knitted blankets, a stroller and car seats. My brother in law made all the food (he's such a good cook!) including my favorite- scallops wrapped in bacon.. yum!!
It was a very nice time, and I was touched that they even did this for me.. it is after all the 3rd shower they've thrown for me!
In other news.. I just got home from the hospital.. I thought (again) that I was going into labor. Last night I started having some nasty contractions, called my dr and she had me come in. The monitored me over night, and despite all the contractions that I was having, it wasn't causing me to go into labor. More practice for my uterus.. should it really need this much "practice"??? I mean, I have 2 other kids.. doesn't it know what to do already?? Oh well. My dr thinks I'll go soon, either in a couple of days, or a couple of weeks.. great! It's going to be a lot of fun just walking around with these contractions, that are as unproductive as me!

No comments: