Sunday, July 02, 2006

Home Alone

My husband and boys left yesterday to go camping til Tuesday.. I must say, it's awfully quiet around here.. I was quite disappointed before they left that I wouldn't be joining them this year, I love camping. Four of my husbands five siblings also went, with all of their kids. We did this last year, and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately with my "condition" sleeping in a tent and being so far away from any medical care I might need required that I stay home.. Now that I've had almost 2 full days of peace and quiet, I must say, I'm loving it! I miss them like crazy, I really do, but I haven't had this much "me time" in years. I've been reading, watching movies, napping without feeling guilty, doing whatever I want! My sisters took me to breakfast this morning, and my mom brought me out for dinner tonight.
My sons don't even notice that I'm not there, which is great. Everyone thought my youngest would be devestated not to be with me but judging by our 2 second phone conversation tonight, in which he said "hi mom" and "bye", I can safely say he could care less. Anyway, I'm off for a long shower, and then maybe another movie.. ahh.. I feel like a single person!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I'm glad you're enjoying this alone time....baths and steak dinners, rented movies... you're going to want them to go camping again!!