Monday, July 10, 2006

The DNA results are in...

Finally, after 34 years of not knowing what kind of twins we are.. the mystery has been solved. No one will ever have to suffer through the story of our placenta ever again, or witness the annoyance on our faces when posed with the never ending question of identical or fraternal?
Much to my surprise, my sister and I are identical twins! I thought for sure because I was having twins myself that we were fraternal (it's much more likely to have twins yourself if you're fraternal rather than identical) Only 20% of all twins are identical, so aren't we just so special?? Haha!!
I'm so happy to finally put to rest the story I've told all my life.. now we can continue on with a brand new (even longer) story about how we never knew and had dna testing done.. and yada yada.. I promise I won't. My response to that one often asked question will now have a simple one word answer: identical!

8 comments:

christhadasister said...

Well, I never doubted our zygosity, but like you, I am so happy to have the definitive answer to that often asked question, though initially, I'm going to be tempted to tell people how we never knew and were stuck telling this placenta story and then when we were 34 we finally did the DNA test to find out for sure and loe and behold... phew, that is a long story!! I'm just glad that we know and we're not fraternal (that would not have been nearly as special as identical- we were one egg, man!)

McPolack said...

Nifty! And can I just tell you that I kept checking your blog to see if you had in fact had your own twins over the weekend?

Ezili said...

Well, congratulations for finally putting that question to rest....of course, I said all along you guys were identical...I just felt it in my bones :)
Now the question will be, Xian, if your little girls are identical or fraternal.

Anonymous said...

wow! Actually...I thought you guys would turn out to be identical too...not for any particular reason other than I just figured it was the case!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you two are too stinkin cute! I can actually tell who is who. Glad you finally found out!

YouWho said...

OK, so who's the skinny one?

Unknown said...

You Who- My sister is the skinny one.. thanks for pointing that one out!!
And Mcpolack- I don't think I'm ever going to give birth to these twins.. but if I do I'll make sure Contagious passes on the news!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've not visited for a while - time for a catch up methinks! (I've changed name and blog - ask ctale)