Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool..

My poor poor husband.. when will he learn?? 2 years ago, on April Fool's Day (before we had 4 children) I told him that I was pregnant, and even provided him with a positive pregnancy test. (I'm a bit of a pack rat and have all my positive tests) Anyway, I didn't let it go too long, as long as I could not laugh, and let him in on the joke.. Haha..
Well, I thought the days of fooling him like that were long gone, especially since after the girls were born, we cut off any chance of me getting pregnant again (if you catch my tubaligation drift) Anyhoo, being in desperate need of a laugh lately (with most of my kids ill) I decided to try it again.. So, this morning, I told him that I thought I was pregnant, that I just felt like it..yada yada.. And much to my surprise, he's buying it! I figured for sure he wouldn't fall for it again, and it is the first of April.. Poor guy, I guess that's what happens when you prey on someones biggest fear.. So, I told him I was going upstairs to take the test.. and he's freaking out! I can hardly keep a straight face! I come downstairs 3 minutes later (hehe) and I'm pretending to be all sniffly, and say "it's a good thing we're moving" And show him the positive pregnancy test, to which he just throws his head back, and walks away.. But that was it. I didn't let him go any longer, mainly because I couldn't keep from laughing..
And so he fell for it again.. My husband is a bit of a prankster, so to get him like that feels oh so good! It felt even better when I saw the relief come over his face. In an instant I had given him his life back, a life that he might not always be thankful for.. but this morning, I think he might have been, just a little..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are terrible!....hahahahaha