Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My sister in law had a baby about a month ago. I've only seen him once in the hospital, and felt horrible for not getting over to see him again.. but having four kids can make life a tad hectic, and of course they have all had some sort of fever, runny nose, cough or virus for the past month, so I didn't want to come spreading our family germs. Well, today, we all loaded up in the loser cruiser, and headed to visit. It was time.
I made her new baby an adorable little quilt, one that will hopefully be more of a keepsake than anything.. I know it's not really practical to bundle up a baby in a quilt, but they can always say "see what auntie xianfern made for you.. awhhh.." Anyway, on the way over there, I was holding the quilt, making sure I hadn't missed any lose threads, just tidying it up a bit. And like the idiot that I am, I see a string just dangling there, and since my van did not come equipped with a pair of scissors.. I just tugged on it. Well, tugged a bit too hard I guess because it completely pulled one of the pieces apart, leaving a gaping hole exposing the inside of the quilt. Ugh. So, he won't be getting my quilt til I can fix it, and get it back over there.. maybe by his first birthday. Jeez..
It was still nice to visit with them. They hadn't seen the babies since Christmas and were impressed how good they were. I have to say, I was impressed too. They just sat there and smiled at everyone, and occasionally picked up a toy.. of course the minute we get back in the car, they commence screaming til we get home, and refuse to be put down until I left for work.. this is why I love my job so much.. no one there needs me to hold them, or kiss any boo-boo.. or break up a fight.. ahh.. it's just me and the quiet hum of my computer...

No comments: