Friday, April 27, 2007


We took the kids to the Children's Museum today in Porstmouth. This was the high light of my son's vacation, and he'd been waiting all week to go. It was great, and very crowded. The girls were only interested in me holding them, and my youngest son didn't want to explore anything on his own. He's really quite introverted when you get him in a group of people. My oldest son was running all over the place, soaking it all in. They have a slide there that if you're not careful could knock you out cold.. he loved it!

When we were home later, and my oldest son had gotten tired of playing with the toy we got him at the gift shop, he came over to me, and told me that he didn't think he had a very good day.. and when I asked him why, he said he didn't know, but that he felt like he was going to cry. And then he cried... My husband told him that was the let down of the day he was feeling.. all week waiting for that one thing.. doing it, and then wondering what's next. I hugged him, and we played 2 games of chutes and ladders, and 3 games of connect four.. That made him feel a lot better. I was so impressed with his honesty, and touched by his sensitivity. He's such a sweet boy.. I hope he embraces that as he gets older.. his ability to be sensitive. It's such a nice quality in a man.. and one can never start too early to establish that in boys!

No comments: