Friday, April 20, 2007

F@#%ing Idiot..

Someone please remind me why our youth does such stupid things? Take for instance my nephew.. He's been living in our basement now since December, when he could no longer afford to live on his own. Since then, he's gotten his old job back, at the fancy restaurant, doing part time pastry chef, and part time bar back. It's good money.. He now can do things that he couldn't before. He's been paying his rent on time for the past 2 months, recently had a pioneer cd player installed in his car, and spent countless money on other incidentals. So, today I find out that he's purchased a motorcycle! And he didn't save up his money, since he's making so much of it, instead he went out and got another loan, all by himself this time, and has it parked at my sisters house up north.
He told me that he wanted to get one a few weeks ago. I told him my thoughts, I didn't think it would be a wise decision to get another loan (this will make the third one he'll be paying on) and if he really wanted one, he should save his money and buy it outright. Not to mention the fact that he's 20 years old, living in my basement and he already has a vehicle! I could see if he needed transportation, and this was an inexpensive way of getting one, but this is a toy.. he's got absolutely no need for it..Of course I also told him that they're dangerous, blah blah, oh, and that we didn't have room for him to park it at our house. He said my sister had already told him that he could park it at her house.. (btw, she DID not tell him that as I found out today) I also told him that he was an adult, and could do as he wants.. but shit, I didn't think he'd really get it!
The ironic thing is that just as I was being told by my sister this morning that he was the proud owner of death on wheels, the student loan department called looking for him because he hadn't paid his bill yet.. he's on his own with this one.. we're all just hoping that when he goes for his license, he won't pass.. hate to have no faith in the kid, but wtf?

No comments: