Monday, April 30, 2007

Everyone is back in school, and my youngest son, the twins and I are getting back into our regular routine.. I must say, while I love the help I get from my husband, I get so much more accomplished when he's working. I haven't quite figured out why.
So, my oldest son came back from school today in a fabulous mood, excited about being back in class. Their class is doing a play in a couple of weeks "The 3 Piggy Opera" It should be pretty funny. His birthday is this coming Saturday.. he's having 3 friends over, and we're getting them pizza.. nothing too big this year.. He initially wanted to invite his entire class to Chuck E. Cheese's.. but we said no.. and being only 6, he was ok with that. He's such an easy kid..
My husband gets to take a child to work this week! How exciting for me! He's taking my youngest son in for the day.. He seems pretty excited about it (my son that is!) I'm not sure how thrilled my husband is about having him there all day.. he can be pretty demanding. He's already told me to be ready to come get him if I need to.. but I think they'll both do great! It's going to be a nice break for me to! Too bad it wasn't "take ALL of your kids to work day!" That would be a little slice of heaven for me!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

i too, always get more done when hubby is not around. i think it's the 'psychology' of only having myself to depend on. either that or he's just another one to take care of when he is around...just slowin' me down.

Unknown said...

Heidi-That's it exactly! When it's just me and the kiddo's, I think I've mastered a routine to get stuff done, and when he's there, he only gets in the way! Thanks for clearing that one up for me!