Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"Hello, xianfern?"
"Yes"
"This is the school nurse, and your son has just thrown up"
"Oh, does he have a fever?"
"I haven't taken his temp"
"Oh"
"You need to come get him"
"OH, I'll be right there.."

Poor kid.. on his way to the nurses office yesterday because he had a headache, he blew chunks all over the floor in front of his old kindergarten class.. He didn't have a fever, and in fact he was totally fine in about an hour after he got home. Luckily no one else at my house has gotten it, if there was anything to get. He was back in school today, only because there was this really fun thing that he absolutely couldn't miss, and because he was "totally fine" Ok, I just kept my fingers crossed that I didn't get another phone call.. it ain't easy packing up 2 infants and a toddler and rushing across town to get a kid who's puking!

No comments: