Monday, December 04, 2006


When I was pregnant with the twins, my boys each claimed one of the girls as their own. My older son shows affection for both of them, and loves them pretty much equally. My 3 year old, however, will only pay attention to his "own" baby, and really snubs the other one. He even gets upset if my older son tries talking to "his" baby.

Well, since the babies look so much alike, he rarely knows who my husband or I are holding. Last night, my husband was holding one of the twins, and my youngest was kissing her, and holding her hand.. and then asked who she was.. when he found out that it was his brother's baby, he put his hands on his hips, scrunched up his little face and said "Damn it!" It was pretty funny.. I've been trying to explain that the babies are actually MINE, and that they are in fact his sisters, both of them! But he doesn't want to hear that.. he's only interested in "his" baby.. But like most things with him, I'm sure it'll pass, and he'll eventually accept the other twin too.. We'll just chalk it up to a phase.. another phase..

No comments: