Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I brought my son to see a pulmonologist yesterday. Something his dad was supposed to, but on Saturday I found out that he had forgotten to take the time off. Luckily, my mom was able to come over and stay with one of the twins and my youngest son, and I was off to Dartmouth hospital in Manchester, a place that I've unfortunately spent too much time at recently..
The doctor was very nice, and I felt comfortable with proceeding with treatment for what he thinks is asthma. We've gotten him yet another prescription for an inhaler , a stronger one, one with steroids, that he's going to use for a week. If it hasn't helped his cough significantly, then we'll do some more testing, maybe a cat scan on his sinuses.
My husband sent with me a list of questions to ask the doctor, which I did.. reluctantly, because unlike him, I don't think that his cough is caused by something dreadful. I don't think he's got some lung abscess or an immune deficiency problem. He's had a normal chest xray, and he's otherwise a very healthy boy. But the doctor was very nice about explaining to me why it's nothing serious (like cancer).
So, we'll see...
It's been a crazy past few days. We have a realtor coming over to look at our house tomorrow, so that has sent us into panic mode, with all the cleaning, and all the crap we have. My god, we own a lot of shit, and my kids do not need one more friggin toy! My mom came over and helped out with some of the cleaning.. but of course there's still more.
We looked at our first house on Saturday, or more like I looked at it. What a dump. It made me nervous about what type of house we're going to be able to afford. However, with my "excellent" credit (something I didn't have when we bought our first house) I might be helpful with getting a better rate.. we'll see! My husband was disappointed last night to find out that my credit was 45 points higher than his, and only rated as "good" credit!
I'm currently at work, wishing that I didn't have the sniffles..something I've been holding onto for the last few days. I'm tired of blowing my nose, and more tired of seeing the back of my husbands head during the night as he heads downstairs because I'm snoring so loud! Snoring just seems like something old men do.. not blond haired blue eye breast feeding moms! Ya know?? Ugh.. such is life though.. at least I'm getting the bed to myself (with a twin thrown in here and there!)

No comments: