Saturday, March 17, 2007

Open House..

My husband and I tend to do things in a rather irresponsible and irrational manner when we get something in our heads.. Take today for example.. maybe it wasn't the smartest thing in the world to go to an open house 30 minutes away, with all of our kids, the morning after a major snow storm.. It was still happening.. that's what the realtor told us.. but I guess the realtor's forgot to tell the guy with the plow.. We had to trudge up a very long driveway (and when I say up, I really mean it.. a house perched on a steep hill..) My husband stayed in the car, and the realtor who was parked at the end of the unplowed driveway walked up with me.. We were the only ones that showed up.. We're not getting that house.. At least we don't have to endure the entire weekend wondering if that was the house for us! We're a bunch of idiots!
We did make up all the time the boys had to spend in the car by taking them to lunch at Margarita's.. If you want to get your own half of a restaurant, here's the trick.. you must go around 2, when the lunch crowd has gone, and a few stragglers are still in the main dining area. You also have to have infant twins, and two other young boys.. And there you go! Your very own section of the restaurant. I wasn't insulted that the manager put us as far as possible from the other diners, in a part of the restaurant that was clearly not open for service..I didn't want to ruin anyone else's meal.. and for the record, my kids behaved remarkably! In fact, one of the waitresses came over and commented on how well behaved they all were! hah.. we could have joined the civilized dining room after all!!

No comments: