Wednesday, March 21, 2007

IEP

I met with the special ed. team at my son's school today to go over the results of the evaluation my younger son had there.. He did great in the occupational therapy piece, which I thought he would. However, the speech therapist said his speech was in the 1st percentile.. meaning that 99% of children his age, speak better than him! I wasn't too shocked by this considering how little I understand him, and that he's almost 4.
They have decided to do an Individual Educational Plan (or IEP) for him. Most likely, they will get him speech therapy during the summer, and into pre school this fall. I meet with them again in April. I'm happy that this is finally being resolved.. now I'm freaking out because we just put our house on the market, and this school system has one of the best group of therapists around.. ugh.. a part of me wants to run outside and kick down the for sale sign.. but I also know he can get help elsewhere, as long as I'm constantly fighting for him..
Anyway, in other news.. we have yet to catch a leprechaun! If you can believe that.. and we've been setting that trap every night! My mother has been over my house everyday this week helping me get ready for our first open house.. this Saturday. Lots to clean.. lots to organize! It sucks.. and it's going to suck even more if no one shows up! And I know.. at least my house will be clean in case anyone wants to see it..but it's going to be sooooo hard keeping it clean with 4 kids!

No comments: